Sunday, March 29, 2015

Obsidian


Obsidian (Lux #1): Jennifer L. Armentrout

There’s an alien next door. And with his looming height and eerie green eyes, he’s hot…until he opens his mouth. He’s infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, he marks me. Turns out he has a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal his abilities and the only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to him until my alien mojo fades. If I don’t kill him first, that is.

I guess I'm probably the last to read this series. It's not that I first heard about it, my friends kept telling me to read it… it's just that I was reading other stuff, you know how that goes? I am SO glad I finally read this book. Daemon Black was damn, I have no words!!

"Beautiful face. Beautiful body. Horrible attitude. It was the holy trinity of hot boys."


I loved the sexual tension between Katy & Daemon, like even from the very beginning it was so GREAT. Then when Dee made him spend time with her and be nicer to her. LOL. Speaking of, how adorable is his relationship to his sister? The characters were so well built like it was just amazing. I thought it was funny that Katy was a book blogger, talk about appealing to your target audience.

“Swimming was the last thing I wanted to do. Drowning him? Maybe.” 



One thing I usually end up not liking about these types of books is that it ends up seeming like a book about romance with action/plot thrown in as an after-thought. This didn't seem like that at all! It was super developed and the action and romance blended so seamlessly. It never seemed like one drowned the other out to the point of wondering 'what is the point of this'.


So basically, I'm pretty glad my friends have been trying to shove this book down my throat. The ending was kind of cliche' to be honest. I was hoping it would be some kind of cliffhanger instead of being about their relationship, but I heard the series gets even better than this and this was pretty freaking great. I'm pretty sure you all probably read this book and probably the whole series, so I'm the last one to this party! I'd overall give it 4.5 stars!




8 comments:

  1. Glad your reading!
    (says the random follower)
    Anyways... the books do get better and you end up falling in love with the characters...
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited! I've heard from so many people how good this series is.

      Delete
  2. This series is amazing! Hope you finish it. The last book wasn't what I was expecting, but the fourth one was awesome! Great review, new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, this makes me want to pick this back up! I tried reading it last year but I was in a horrible book slump so I DNFed it. Everyone loves it, though! I need to reread!! Awesome review!

    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I hate being in book slumps! :( I just saw this comment now I have no idea how! I just finished Wicked by her and I think I actually liked it a lot more!

      Delete
  4. I absolutely loved this book. How far have you made it into the series? New Follower via GFC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I have only read this one but I'm hoping to read more of it soon!

      Delete