Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #46

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

Jocelyn's Waiting On: 

Heartless: Marissa Meyer
Publication Date: November 8th, 2016


Synopsis: 


Long before she was the terror of Wonderland — the infamous Queen of Hearts — she was just a girl who wanted to fall in love.

Catherine may be one of the most desired girls in Wonderland, and a favorite of the yet-unmarried King of Hearts, but her interests lie elsewhere. A talented baker, all she wants is to open a shop with her best friend and supply the Kingdom of Hearts with delectable pastries and confections. But according to her mother, such a goal is unthinkable for the young woman who could be the next Queen.

At a royal ball where Cath is expected to receive the king's marriage proposal, she meets Jest, the handsome and mysterious court joker. For the first time, she feels the pull of true attraction. At the risk of offending the King and infuriating her parents, she and Jest enter into an intense, secret courtship.

Cath is determined to define her own destiny and fall in love on her terms. But in a land thriving with magic, madness, and monsters, fate has other plans.

A prequel to Alice in Wonderland? YES! I loved Alice in Wonderland ever since I was a little girl so I am so FREAKING excited for this retelling. I always thought I looked like Alice so even though this isn't really about Alice, I still think I'll love it! :) 


Cassie's Waiting On: 

The Curse of the Tenth Grave (Charley Davidson #10) by Darynda Jones
Publication Date: June 28, 2016

Synopsis:

The Curse of Tenth Grave (Charley Davidson, #10)As a Part-time PI and fulltime grim reaper, Charley Davidson has asked a lot of questions throughout her life: Why can I see dead people? Who is the hot supernatural entity following me? How do I get gum out of my sister’s hair before she wakes up? But, “How do I trap not one malevolent god, but three?” was never among them. Until now. And since those gods are on earth to kill her daughter, she has little choice but to track them down, trap them, and cast them from this dimension.

There’s just one problem. One of the three stole her heart a very long time ago. Can the Razer, a god of absolute death and destruction, change his omniscient spots, or will his allegiances lie with his brothers?

Those are just a few of the questions Charley must answer, and quick. Add to that a homeless girl running for her life, an innocent man who’s been charged with murder, and a pendant made from god glass that has the entire supernatural world in an uproar, and Charley has her hands full. If she can manage to take care of the whole world-destroying-gods thing, we’re saved. If not, well…


I absolutely ADORE this series! It's hilarious and just an all around good read.  I know every single time I pick up a book in the Charley Davidson series, I won't be disappointed.  If you haven't check out this series yet, you definitely need to.  It is adult, but if you read NA, trust me...you will be fine with the steam.  Reyes and Charley are one of my all time favorite couples, and I can't wait to see what's next for them in this installment!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for either of these!! Still need to get caught up in Darynda's series but I'm getting there! I think I'm on book 8!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Heartless!!! Excellent pick!!

    ReplyDelete