Friday, May 6, 2016

Book Review: Archer's Voice (Sign of Love)

About The Book:

  Title: Archer's Voice
  Author: Mia Sheridan 
  Pub. Date: January 25th, 2014 
  Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform   
  Pages: 336  
  Genre: New Adult, Romance, Abuse, Contemporary 
  Rate: 2/5 stars




Synopsis :

When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.

Review:

I wish I could start this review off saying that this was another New Adult book that was a home run for me, but unfortunately I cannot. Archer's Voice actually is a widely popular New Adult book that has been recommended to me numerous times by a ton of blogger friends that I really trust! While it had it's redeeming qualities like it's fast pacing and cute small town setting, I ended up really disliking it for more reasons than I did like it.

“Try to believe that maybe more light shines out of those who have the most cracks.” 

The thing with Archer's Voice is that both Archer and Bree started off as decent characters and the book started off extremely promising to me. The town that they lived in kept drawing me in and both characters had a great dynamic together for a good bit of the bit of the book. However, I think I just didn't like them TOGETHER. Do you know what I mean? Did you ever have this happen? Where you like both of the characters as people but together you're just like "ugggghhh staaaahhhpp already". That was me. I want to say they were toxic for each other, but I do see in ways that they were good for each other. I think it's just for the most part they were TOO much for each other. As for the plot, like I said it started out really strong. I was really interested in the backstory of everything and where everything was going but it ended up getting so ridiculously trope-y that I was very disappointed and only continued because I was waiting for some huge twist that never came.

“I want to be able to love you more than I fear losing you” 

So honestly I was just the odd one out with Archer's Voice. I was really in the mood for a good New Adult/Romance type book similar to the effect I get when reading CoHo, but this just didn't give it to me. Which honestly was super unfortunate because it was recommended to me by more than a few people who have great taste in books. So you may love this book, it's true. It has fantastic ratings on goodreads. I even recommended it to my best friend who just started reading more because I think it's a book she'll probably like. But it's just not a book for me. I'm still thinking of giving another Sign of Love book a chance. Have you read Archer's Voice or another book in the Sign of Love series? I'm very interested in hearing your thoughts!


- Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment