Thursday, November 10, 2016

Book Review: Behind the Hands That Kill (In the Company of Killers #6)

Behind the Hands That Kill by J.A. RedmerskiAbout the Book:
Title: Behind the Hands That Kill (In the Company of Killers #6)
Author: J.A. Redmerski
Pub. Date: May 7, 2016
Publisher: CreateSpace
Pages: 246
Rating: 5/5 stars



Synopsis:

Even professional killers need vacations, but for Victor Faust, his vacation in Venezuela is about more than relaxation and time alone with Izabel Seyfried. It is a chance for him to come clean to Izabel: to tell her the truth about why he sent her to Italy with his brother, the truth behind his interest in Nora Kessler, and about his knowledge of Izabel’s child with her former captor. But before Victor can spill his soul, reality proves that for some killers, vacations are just pipe-dreams.

Attacked and kidnapped, Izabel finds herself stuffed in a suitcase, while Victor later wakes up imprisoned in a cage. In any other situation, Victor would find a way out and save himself and the woman he loves—but not this time. When the identities of their kidnappers are revealed, Victor loses all hope, and begins the mental process of accepting his and Izabel’s last moments together. And Izabel’s final moments of life.

As if his circumstances are not complicated enough, members of Vonnegut’s Order are finally closing in on Victor. And when they do, he comes face-to-face with someone else he once knew and loved, who could either help him, or make a grave situation much worse. Victor’s past has finally caught up with him: the women he has cared for, loved, and killed; the families he has destroyed; the unforgivable crimes he has committed. And now he must face the consequences, and pay the ultimate price for absolution.

But when it is all over, Victor may not have the strength to pick up what is left and move on. Because the event changes him. Because love changed him. And because, unlike before when he thought it is was for the best, he cannot imagine a life without Izabel in it.

Review:

description

Buckle up boys and girls because shit just got real in this exciting addition to In the Company of Killers series! And boy does this story pack a punch. I had so many feelings while reading this book, and honestly never wanted it to end! I hated myself a bit for finishing this in one sitting, but I just couldn't put this amazing novel down. I had to find out all of Victor's secrets and I had to find out how everything would end. J.A. Redmerski certainly doesn't disappoint, and I can't wait until we get the 7th book in this thrilling series!

description

There's honestly not much I can say about this book without spoiling anything, and trust me...you want to go into this book as blind as possible. Don't read any review with spoilers because it'll ruin the whole experience for you. But what I can tell you is this book is fan-freaking-tastic, and is not to be missed. We finally get down to the core of who Victor is and understand his actions in the previous books. We see the toll his secrets take on Izabel, and Jessica gets our wheels turning about how these secrets will impact their future (hell, we already see it by the end of the book).

I just want to go on the record and say that Jessica is seriously the queen of plot twists because as a person who is pretty confident in her abilities to predict exactly what's going to happen in a story, this book threw me for a loop completely! I never saw coming what actually happened, and I was sitting there shocked with my mouth wide open as I was reading. Jessica's writing is pure brilliance, and she continuously improves with every single book. And because of that, this is her best story yet! This entire series is so unlike any other book/series I read, and I never cease to be surprised when I read the next installment. I can't urge you enough to check out this series because you're missing out on something unique and amazing by not reading it!! 

And not only does this book end on the mother of all high notes, but there are also teasers for the next several books...and the wait is already KILLING ME! I seriously don't know how I'm going to wait for the next book in this series because I not only want to find out just how all of the events in this book will impact future stories, but I also want to be immersed in the Company's world again. This book (and series in general) is absolutely incredible, and Jessica...if you're reading this, please give us the next book as soon as you can because I'm going through withdrawal!



Happy reading :)

~Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment