Monday, December 28, 2015

Book Review: Bloodfever (Fever, #2)

About The Book:
  

  Title: Bloodfever (Fever, #2)
  Author: Karen Marie Moning 
  Pub. Date: October 16th, 2007
  Publisher: Delacorte Press  
  Pages: 303
  Genre: Adult, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal
  Rate: 5/5 stars



Synopsis :

I used to think my sister and I were just two nice southern girls who’d get married in a few years and settle down to a quiet life. Then I discovered that Alina and I descend, not from good wholesome southern stock, but from an ancient Celtic bloodline of powerful sidhe-seers, people who can see the Fae. Not only can I see the terrifying otherworldly race, but I can sense the sacred Fae relics that hold the deadliest of their magic.

When my sister was found dead in a trash-filled alley in Dublin, I came over to get answers. Now all I want is revenge. And after everything I’ve learned about myself, I know I have the power to get it….

MacKayla Lane’s ordinary life underwent a complete makeover when she landed on Ireland’s shores and was plunged into a world of deadly sorcery and ancient secrets. 

In her fight to stay alive, Mac must find the Sinsar Dubh–a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over both the worlds of the Fae and of Man. Pursued by Fae assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she cannot trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and irresistible men: V’lane, the insatiable Fae who can turn sensual arousal into an obsession for any woman, and the ever-inscrutable Jericho Barrons, a man as alluring as he is mysterious. 

For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them.…

Review:

I unexpectedly stumbled upon Darkfever earlier this year. It was one of the first EVER books I did a review on, actually. It's an adult urban fantasy, but please don't brush this series off because it's adult. It does have mature content but it's extremely readable and has YA crossover appeal. If you haven't checked out Darkfever - click here to add it to Goodreads. Bloodfever more or less picks up where Dreamfever left off. She's still recovering from the beating she took from the Lord Master, while simultaneously receiving shit from Jericho Barrons regarding literally everything. Soon, MacKayla Lane becomes paranoid. She thinks everything is after her - especially the Unseelie and possibly even the dark figure that she sees everywhere. But is she being paranoid? Or is someone really after her?

“It's a strange new world out there and the rules have changed: It's every princess for herself.” 

Fan Cast of MacKayla:
Dianna Argon
The growth you see from MacKayla on just the second novel of the series is astounding. Besides exchanging her long, blonde hair and pastel clothing for short dark hair with rough clothing - the new Mac is less trustful, calculating, and far more perceptive. She has gone through so much hardship from the moment she set foot in Ireland. However, Jericho is still not sympathetic to her. He's still cold, and basically acts like he owns her. I'm still waiting on the reveal for the mystery that is Jericho Barrons because while Bloodfever gave us a glimpse into his past, I suspect there will be a lot more coming. My other favorite character in this series is V'lane or the 'death by sex' Fae. He made a hilarious appearance in Darkfever and returns to Bloodfever along with his sexual antics to gain trust from Mac for his personal gain. We don't get much in the area of V'lane's history and intentions, but I'm extremely eager to get more about him. 

“I’m asking the questions tonight.” 
One day I was going to write a book: How to Dictate to a Dictator
and Evade an Evader, subtitled How to Handle Jericho Barrons.” 

Fan Cast of Jericho:
Henry Cavill

It's a funny thing - The Fever series is set in the "romance" section of Barnes and Noble and not in the SciFi/Fantasy section. To this day, I still cannot understand why that is. The action to romance ratio is much higher than the romance to action ratio. I crave more romance from Jericho and Mac or even V'lane and Mac. We receive a little more headway in the romance department in this installment, but I clearly want more. The sexual tension between Mac and Jericho is impassible and impossible to ignore. If they don't hook up in the next book, I might just go insane. 

Bloodfever is an addicting thrill ride. The Fae is becoming an increasingly popular topic in YA - however Karen Marie Moning did it first in The Fever series. And I must say, I believe she did it the best. I just ordered Dreamfever, the second book in The Fever series, and am patiently waiting for Amazon deliver it! I recommend The Fever series for adult fantasy and YA fantasy lovers alike. If you haven't picked up this series yet - WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! 


- Jocelyn

1 comment:

  1. I was in remission of HEY FEVER for many years by myself treatment using large doses drugs by various prescription going to hospital and different places looking for cure and still there was no solution . untill i saw different testimonies about doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine in the internet how he cures peoples with their different sickness with his herbalism i have to contact him for a trial through his email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com we discuss and he assure me that, he will prepare my medicine and sent it to me through UPS dilivery so will both agreed on one price. the next very week i received the package he send to me, and instruct me on how to use it and also ask me to go back for test after taking it for weeks also i should have little faith when taking it. i encourage myself follow up with the instruction when taking the herbal medicine for two weeks and the third weeks i went to hospital for another test and report is that am totally free and really is making two years now i sick hey fever no more and no any other sickness with these i so much appreciate doctor Akhigbe u are bless and your herbal medicine is real. He also cure diseases like; HIV/AIDS ,HERPES ,ALS ,CANCER ,EPILEPSY ,LASSA FEVER ,ASTHMAN, NOROVIRUS ,JOINT PAIN ,DIABETIES ,RABIES ,HEPATITIES A AND B.in case there is any one out there who needs his help can also email him at drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or whatapp him on +2348142454860

    ReplyDelete