Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #78

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

Cassie's Waiting On: 
RoseBlood
RoseBlood by A.G. Howard
Publication Date:  January 10, 2017


Synopsis:
In this modern day spin on Leroux’s gothic tale of unrequited love turned to madness, seventeen-year-old Rune Germain has a mysterious affliction linked to her operatic talent, and a horrifying mistake she’s trying to hide. Hoping creative direction will help her, Rune’s mother sends her to a French arts conservatory for her senior year, located in an opera house rumored to have ties to The Phantom of the Opera. 

At RoseBlood, Rune secretly befriends the masked Thorn—an elusive violinist who not only guides her musical transformation through dreams that seem more real than reality itself, but somehow knows who she is behind her own masks. As the two discover an otherworldly connection and a soul-deep romance blossoms, Thorn’s dark agenda comes to light and he’s forced to make a deadly choice: lead Rune to her destruction, or face the wrath of the phantom who has haunted the opera house for a century, and is the only father he’s ever known.
 


I'm a huge fan of A.G. Howard, so I can't wait to see her take on Phantom of the Opera! This sounds spooky and like the perfect gothic romance.  Plus, that cover draws you in right away. I can't wait for January to get here so I can get my hands on this book!

Side note...Jocelyn has to take a little bit of a break, but she'll be back soon! So for the next couple of WoW, it'll just be me :)

4 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I can't wait for this one either!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the Fever series yet, but I seriously want to! I've heard such amazing things about it, so hopefully I get to read it soon! And I'm so excited for the 11th book in Charley Davidson series. I adore that series so much :)

      ~Cassie

      Delete
  2. I adored RoseBlood! I have to be honest - I disliked Howard's debut trilogy overall. But this book was amazing! And a standalone too - looooove. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Awesome to know!! I'm liking more and more when books are standalone to be honest. Your WoW sounds amazing, and is on my TBR already (great minds). I hope you have a great week :)

      ~Cassie

      Delete