Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #76

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

Jocelyn's Waiting On: 

Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1) by Elly blake
Publication Date: January 17th, 2017


Synopsis: 

Seventeen-year-old Ruby is a fireblood who must hide her powers of heat and flame from the cruel frostblood ruling class that wants to destroy all that are left of her kind. So when her mother is killed for protecting her and rebel frostbloods demand her help to kill their rampaging king, she agrees. But Ruby's powers are unpredictable, and she's not sure she's willing to let the rebels and an infuriating (yet irresistible) young man called Arcus use her as their weapon. All she wants is revenge, but before they can take action, Ruby is captured and forced to take part in the king's tournaments that pit fireblood prisoners against frostblood champions. Now she has only one chance to destroy the maniacal ruler who has taken everything from her and from the icy young man she has come to love.

Fast-paced and compelling, Frostblood is the first in a page-turning new young adult three-book series about a world where flame and ice are mortal enemies—but together create a power that could change everything.


I actually first heard about this book at BEA this past year, and when I read the description I was completely hooked. I will admit that it seems a tad like Red Queen, however I want to give it a chance because you never really know - it could just be the description. Also, how awesome is that cover? WOW! 


Cassie's Waiting On: 

Dawn Study (Soulfinders #3) by Maria V. Snyder 
Publication Date: January 31, 2017

Synopsis:

Dawn Study (Soulfinders, #3)Despite the odds, Yelena and Valek have forged an irrevocable bond and a family that transcends borders. Now, when their two homelands stand on the brink of war, they must fight with magic and cunning to thwart an Ixian plot to invade Sitia.

Yelena seeks to break the hold of the insidious Theobroma that destroys a person's resistance to magical persuasion. But the Cartel is determined to keep influential citizens and Sitian diplomats in thrall and Yelena at bay. With every bounty hunter after her, Yelena is forced to make a dangerous deal.

With might and magic, Valek peels back the layers of betrayal surrounding the Commander. At its rotten core lies a powerful magician and his latest discovery. The fate of all rests upon two unlikely weapons. One may turn the tide. The other could spell the end of everything."
 

I am so sad that this amazing series is ending! I don't want to say goodbye to Valek, Yalena, and the rest of the gang.  But all good things must come to an end (and after the ending of the last book, I want this book as soon as possible), and I know that Maria Snyder is going deliver a thrilling finale that will please all fans of the series!

2 comments:

  1. OOooh nice picks!! Very nice!! Actually just finished both of these as my last two reads! Loved them both! Hope you'll love them too!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not read anything by Snyder! I keep saying, one day I'll binge-read her books. =) I LOVED Frostblood though. That book took me by surprise, to be honest. Book two needs to be here now. :O I hope you both enjoy these books when you get a chance to read them!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete