Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Book Review: Crave the Night (Midnight Breed, #12)

Crave the Night (Midnight Breed, #12): Lara Adrian

Born and raised to be an emotionless killing machine, Nathan is one of the most lethal Breed vampires in existence. A key member of the Order—an elite group of warriors charged with protecting both mortals and vampires—Nathan executes each mission with flawless precision and a total lack of mercy. Now he must pursue a powerful, hidden enemy. But Nathan’s hard discipline and training are no match for the fierce pull he feels toward a young woman he has no right to desire—a woman of wealth and high social standing who has long been promised to another Breed male, and who may also prove to be the key to rooting out Nathan’s elusive quarry.

Jordana lives a life of glittering privilege as a member of a prominent Breed family in Boston. Surrounded by fine things and fawning admirers, Jordana wants for nothing—until she crosses paths with a dark, intense warrior from the Order and finds herself swept into an impulsive, sizzling kiss that neither of them will forget. As much as she tries to deny her deep feelings for Nathan, Jordana cannot resist the craving to be near him, to break through his forbidding walls and see the man he truly is. But getting close to Nathan will thrust Jordana into a treacherous new world, forcing her to risk all she has and all she knows about herself and her past. And loving this seductive man could be the most dangerous temptation of all.


If you are a fan of J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series - I assure you that you will be a huge fan of this series as well. Last year I marathoned all 11 books that were released in the series in the span of less than a month. I'm a huge vampire fan and Lara Adrian really gives them the justice they deserve. If you aren't familiar - the first book in the series is Kiss of Midnight. It's like BDB in the aspect that you don't necessarily have to read the books in order, although it would be helpful. I highly recommend reading this series - it's one of my all-time favorite series. It's an urban fantasy romance series, and I hope this series never stops!

So I can't believe this is the 12th book in this series! I should have definitely paced myself more for the series because now I have to wait so much longer for the upcoming books. Now that the books are about the original warrior's children - I am most interested about reading Lucan's son's story. But until that time comes …


"I came because as soon as we figured out where you might be, nothing would've kept me from finding you. Nothing."

I'm not a huge fan of Jordana - she was really indecisive and that's something I really loathe in a main character for some reason. On the other hand - her best friend Carys was a ball of fire and I wish she was the real focus of this story. However - I know that Carys story is the next Midnight Breed story, so I'm really excited about that! Jordana was really beautiful and nice, but is that enough to make me like a main character? Ehh not really. Nathan was very stoic because of his upbringing and reluctant to be in any sort of relationship, but somehow he finds himself falling in love with Jordana. My love for Nathan knows no bounds but seriously? She kind of has no personality. I don't know if I would have picked Nathan and Jordana to be together. Personally, I'm more of a fan of Nathan and Carys together!


"You're not a blade or an animal, Nathan. Whatever awful things you were forced to 
do in your past doesn't define who you are today."

If you haven't read this series yet and you like urban fantasy - I highly encourage you to do so! It is so fun and dramatic, and you can never guess what is going to happen next! Also, it's not cheesy like a lot of romance books have been lately. I already have the 13th book, so I just have to pick it up. This series is definitely flying under the radar, but I think it deserves so much more recognition!


- Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment