Monday, November 16, 2015

Book Review: Eve (Eve, #1)

About The Book:

  
  Title: Eve (Eve, #1)
  Author: Anna Carey 
  Pub. Date: October 4th, 2011
  Publisher: HarperCollins
  Pages: 336
  Rate: 3/5 stars



Synopsis :
Where do you go when nowhere is safe?

Sixteen years after a deadly virus wiped out most of Earth's population, the world is a perilous place. Eighteen-year-old Eve has never been beyond the heavily guarded perimeter of her school, where she and two hundred other orphaned girls have been promised a future as the teachers and artists of the New America. But the night before graduation, Eve learns the shocking truth about her school's real purpose and the horrifying fate that awaits her.

Fleeing the only home she's ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Arden, her former rival from school, and Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust... and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life. 

Review :

What can I say about Eve. I liked it, but at the same time I didn't like it. It kept me interested until the very end, however I think a lot of the reason I was so interested is because the situations I was predicting kept coming true! I know Eve has been published awhile ago, so perhaps you have already read it. I'd love to know if you agree with my opinions on the book. 

Fan Cast of Eve:
Danielle Campbell
“You can love anyone. Love is just caring about someone
 very deeply.Feeling like that person matters to you,
 like your whole world would be sadder without them."

While Eve was naive, she wasn't a stupid character. She was more book-smart, which is definitely an aspect of her that I can relate to. She came off as condescending to almost all people I read that she interacted with. The romance was ok but it didn't leave a long lasting impression on me. I liked Caleb better as a character than I liked Eve. He seemed to care about everyone and was really selfless in his actions. However, I wouldn't say he's a new book boyfriend of mine because he wasn't over interesting to me. I will say that I really like that the book showed that characters learned to love, even though love was seemingly gone and the world didn't want it to exist. 

Fan Cast of Caleb:
Jeremy Sumpter
Some parts made no sense, to be honest. The guards that were looking for her said time and time again that they were looking for a girl with long, brown hair. Can someone please tell me why the heck this girl didn't cut her freaking hair!? It couldn't have been that nice because she didn't have a brush with her on the run, I'd imagine it became pretty matted. One thing that I wondered about, but didn't affect my rating was why the heck her hair was brown in the books and red on the cover, like what?! Does anyone know? Does her hair change colors later in the series? Another thing I didn't like about this book was that I feel like I didn't really get to know any of the characters. They were all ok, but I didn't find any of them to be complex, which is how I like main characters in books. 

“Happiness is a moment."

Overall, I thought this book was a 3/5 stars. I definitely want to read the next in the series, but I'm waiting for a hardcover to pop up on Book Outlet because I will not pay full price for the next books in the trilogy. I do definitely think that I would have liked this book better had I read it when I was in high school and was going through my really intense dystopian phase. So if you are a really hardcore dystopian fan, you might love this book! 


- Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment