Thursday, January 4, 2018

Book Review: Broken Little Melodies

Broken Little MelodiesAbout the Book:
Title: Broken Little Melodies
Author: Jennifer Ann
Pub. Date: June 5, 2017
Publisher: CreateSpace

Pages: 298
Rating: 4.5/5 stars

Synopsis:

Music was her first love. The lanky boy from summer camp with a confident swagger, a beautiful voice, and starlit green eyes was her second.

Although Roman planned to be Isabelle’s last everything, fate proved an orphan running with a wild crowd on the West Coast had no future with a rich New Yorker hiding the scars of an abusive home.

Five years after she broke his heart, fate strikes again when Isabelle’s waitressing job brings her face-to-face with her past. The boy she once gave herself to has not only become a successful rockstar, but the sexiest man she’s ever laid eyes on.

Roman was never one to believe in luck until he’s reunited with the girl he promised to love forever. Time has made Belle even more beautiful than ever, and it’s obvious the fire between them never went out. Refusing to let her slip away again, he makes her an offer that would force her to leave her mediocre band, and question whether the secrets that once divided them as teenagers could destroy them a second time.

Review:

I haven't ever read a book by Jennifer Ann prior to this, but let me tell you...I'm going to start! This book was absolutely amazing and I feel like I've been missing out on a great author all these years! I loved everything about this book (except one tiny thing that made me give this book 4.5 instead of 5 stars). I'm a sucker for rockstar romances and I've only have one book flop for me in that category (which isn't too shabby if you ask me lol). Jennifer Ann crafted such a wonderful and powerful story, and I can't wait to read more from her!

This book follows Roman and Belle. The story is told in a unique way with us first seeing them as kids at a summer camp for musicians. I loved watching them grow together and form that bond that they carried throughout life. The second part of this story though is them finding each other again, and struggling to make things work now that their lives are very different than when they parted ways as teenagers. I loved watching Belle transform from a shy, innocent girl to a strong, confident woman. Her life has not been easy since she and Roman parted ways, but she is trying her best to give herself the life she ultimately wants. Roman was literally and figuratively a rockstar throughout this story. I loved how he was with Belle and the love he has for her shined through the page.

Their romance though was epic yet also a roller-coaster ride. They had just as many highs and they did lows, and I honestly just wanted them to be happy for like 5 minutes. This was the one thing that made me lower my rating...I felt there was a little too much drama in their lives. But it definitely added an emotional and powerful punch to the story. They definitely are one of those couples that no matter what obstacles are in their path, they're going to fight to overcome them and try their best to come out on top. While their story is heartbreaking, it is also very uplifting. And let me tell you...it's definitely a page turner!!

If you like rockstar romances, this book is 100% for you! I loved this book from start to finish and will definitely be checking out more from Jennifer Ann in the future! I highly recommend adding this book to your TBR now.


Happy reading :)
 

~Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment