Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #86

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

Jocelyn's Waiting On: 

Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller 
Publication Date: February 28th, 2017


Synopsis: 

A 17-year-old pirate captain intentionally allows herself to get captured by enemy pirates in this thrilling YA adventure.

If you want something done right . . .

When the ruthless pirate king learns of a legendary treasure map hidden on an enemy ship, his daughter, Alosa, knows there's only one pirate for the job—herself. Leaving behind her beloved ship and crew, Alosa deliberately facilitates her own kidnapping to ensure her passage on the ship, confident in her ability to overcome any obstacle. After all, who's going to suspect a seventeen-year-old girl locked in a cell? Then she meets the (surprisingly perceptive and unfairly attractive) first mate, Riden, who is charged with finding out all her secrets. Now it's down to a battle of wits and will . . . . Can Alosa find the map and escape before Riden figures out her plan?

Honestly, I've never read a pirate book and there really isn't an excuse as to why. Daughter of the Pirate King seems adventurous but also fun! I think this will be a good one for me to try for my first pirate book. Luckily, it won't be too much of a wait! 

The White Road of The MoonCassie's Waiting On: 

The White Road of the Moon by Rachel Neumeir 
Publication Date: March 14, 2017

Synopsis:

Imagine you live with your aunt, who hates you so much she’s going to sell you into a dreadful apprenticeship. Imagine you run away before that can happen. Imagine that you can see ghosts—and talk with the dead. People like you are feared, even shunned.

Now imagine…the first people you encounter after your escape are a mysterious stranger and a ghost boy, who seem to need you desperately—though you don’t understand who they are or exactly what they want you to do. So you set off on a treacherous journey, with only a ghost dog for company. And you find that what lies before you is a task so monumental that it could change the world.

Their saying this is Leigh Bardugo meets The Sixth Sense so I'm very intrigued to it.  I feel like even though the synopsis is kind of long, I still am not totally sure what this book will be about so I'm hoping to be surprised.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh nice picks! Getting really curious about the Daughter of the Pirate King! The other one is totally new to me! Hope you both enjoy your pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The White Road of the Moon is new to me! But if Leigh Bardugo's name is thrown in there... count me in. I really liked Daughter of the Pirate King! I can't wait for the second book in that series. I hope you both enjoy these books when you get the chance to read them!

    Have a wonderful week, ladies. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two picks sound awesome!! I haven't heard a thing about The White Road of the Moon until now, but it sounds so intriguing. Daughter of the Pirate King is one of my most anticipated reads of 2017 - I'm so happy it has been getting such good reviews. Hope ladies both love these books! I'm gonna go add TWROTM to my Goodreads list now :)

    Lillie @ Little Lillie Reads

    ReplyDelete