Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #13

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

Jocelyn's Waiting On: 

Arrows: Melissa Gorzelanczyk
Publication Date: January 5th, 2016

Synopsis: 
A modern cupid story set in present-day Wisconsin combining the fantastical elements of Greek mythology with the contemporary drama of MTV's Teen Mom.

People don’t understand love. If they did, they’d get why dance prodigy Karma Clark just can’t say goodbye to her boyfriend, Danny. No matter what he says or does or how he hurts her, she can’t stay angry with him . . . and can’t stop loving him. But there’s a reason why Karma is helpless to break things off: she’s been shot with a love arrow. 
Aaryn, son of Cupid, was supposed to shoot both Karma and Danny but found out too late that the other arrow in his pack was useless. And with that, Karma’s life changed forever. One pregnancy confirmed. One ballet scholarship lost. And dream after dream tossed to the wind.

A clueless Karma doesn’t know that her toxic relationship is Aaryn’s fault . . . but he’s going to get a chance to make things right. He’s here to convince Danny to man up and be there for Karma. But what if this god from Mount Olympus finds himself falling in love with a beautiful dancer from Wisconsin who can never love him in return?

Greek mythology plus contemporary drama?! Isn't that enough to have anyone hooked?! This story looks amazing and it's been a long time that I've read anything with greek mythology so I'd say it's about due time! 

Cassie's Waiting On: 

November 9 by Colleen Hoover
Publication Date: November 10, 2015

Synopsis:
November 9Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.  

It's no secret that I'm a huge Colleen Hoover fan, so this is a must read for me.  I will literally read anything she writes, and this is said to be her best yet!  I've read some early reviews, and it seems like I might be crying like I usually do with her books.  Bring on the tissues!

6 comments:

  1. Oh nice! Those are two new to me ones! Hope you enjoy them both!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks we hope so as well! And your WoW seems really interesting, I love series about angels :)

      Delete
  2. Both of these books sound great! I really like Colleen Hoover's books, so November 9 is a must read for me, and I will definitely read Arrows too, it has such an interesting concept. Great picks this week!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like everyone can love Colleen Hoover's books! They're so amazing :) And I'm excited to read Arrows. I love discovering new authors!

      Delete
  3. Oooh I actually chose Arrows for my WoW pick this week! And I hadn't heard of November 9 before this, but it looks really great so I'm super excited for both of these. Nice picks! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And Arrow looks so good, I can't wait! It has such a unique description :)

      Delete