Thursday, June 25, 2015

Jet (Marked Men #2)

Jet (Marked Men #2) by Jay Crownover
Publication Date: May 28, 2013

With his tight leather pants and a sharp edge that makes him dangerous, Jet Keller is every girl’s rock and roll fantasy. But Ayden Cross is done walking on the wild side with bad boys. She doesn’t want to give in to the heat she sees in Jet’s dark, haunted eyes. She’s afraid of getting burned from the sparks of their spontaneous combustion, even as his touch sets her on fire.

Jet can’t resist the Southern Belle with mile-long legs in cowboy boots who defies his every expectation. Yet the closer he feels to Ayden, the less he seems to know her. While he’s tempted to get under her skin and undo her in every way, he knows firsthand what happens to two people with very different ideas about relationships.

Will the blaze burn into an enduring love. . . or will it consume their dreams and turn them to ashes?


Oh Jet, the things you do to me! I didn't know how I would feel about you, but you just made me fall in love with you so quickly that I want you, your tattoos, and that special piercing in my life. All of you Marked Men need to stop being so loveable!

It's safe to say I loved this book, and I loved Jet. While reading Rule, the first book in the Marked Men series, I couldn't get a good read off of Jet. Honestly, I kind of just passed over him and was more interested in Rule (obviously), Rome, and Nash. So I had no idea what to expect when I started reading this book. However, I was pleasantly surprised, and never wanted to stop reading. I know a lot of people had mixed emotions about this book, but honestly, I loved it just as much as the first novel, and if this novel is any measure, I'm going to be head over heels in love with the rest of the books.

This novel tells the story of Jet and Ayden. Ayden was always a mysterious character (just as much as Jet in many ways), and I was really excited to read from her POV. We don't actually find out about her past until a good chunk of the story has past, but I will admit I was getting annoyed with her throughout the book. She was kind of driving me crazy with her flip-flop emotions and crazy decision-making. However, she sees the light in the end, so I was happy. But Jet (if you couldn't tell already) more than made up for Ayden's character, and he is simply to die for. Everything about him, I loved. And I honestly hated Ayden a bit every single time she broke Jet's heart because you don't do that to my boy!! Yes, he's my boy now ;) Jet is sexy, hilarious, and delicious. I savored every single chapter from his perspective, and if I'm being honest, I would have much rather read this book entirely from his perspective. When he sang to Ayden, I swooned (and trust me, you will too), and the little gestures he made showed his love.

While their romance was definitely tumultuous to say the least, Ayden and Jet are similar in many many ways, more than they original thought. I think they truly work, and by the end, the reader sees the love they have for each other clearly. I can't wait to read Cora and Rome's story because that is going to be amazing...I know this already. I highly recommend checking this out simply for meeting Jet (he is going to be your new book boyfriend right from the start). I'm so excited to read about the rest of these awesome guys, as well as seeing where the story goes!!




Happy reading :)

~Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment