Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at  Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

Even When You Lie to Me: Jessica Alcott 
Publication Date: June 9th 

Charlie, a senior, isn't looking forward to her last year of high school. Another year of living in the shadow of her best friend, Lila. Another year of hiding behind the covers of her favorite novels. Another year of navigating her tense relationship with her perfectionist mom.

But everything changes when she meets her new English teacher. Mr. Drummond is smart. Irreverent. Funny. Hot. Everyone loves him. And Charlie thinks he's the only one who gets her.

She also thinks she might not be the only one with a crush.


This looks like a really fun contemporary! I am really picky about contemporary novels because a lot of them just don't appeal to me. However, this one definitely caught my eye!  Even though I've heard mixed things about this so far, I'm still really excited to read it. 

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, this sounds really cute. I love books about student teacher relationships, omg. Great pick this week! :)

    Blessie @ Mischievous Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks! I've actually never read one before, I should look up ones about them! I'm hoping I really like this one.

      Delete
  2. Just learned about this one some WoW weeks ago! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but I hope you will love it all the more!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that from a lot of people! Who knows maybe it won't be for me either, I guess I'll see next month! :)

      Delete
  3. Ohhhhh I am definitely adding this to my TBR list now. As soon as I read "English teacher" I knew I was done for. Hope you enjoy it :D Great job and thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it looks pretty good! I heard a lot of mixed things about it so I'm hoping it lives up to my expectations haha.

      Delete
  4. I've seen this novel around before, I do hope you enjoy it once you get your hands on it :) <3 Benish| Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I know I've seen it everywhere as well!

      Delete
  5. This has been on my TBR for a while, and I CAN NOT wait to pick it up! I absolutely love me some teacher/student relationships girl so I'm dying to read this lmao.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I haven't read any before but I definitely think I'd love it, too :)

      Delete